So here was our Saturday, Day 105:
– Wake up and get ready for birthday party #1
– I go early to help set up
– Birthday party from 11:30 to 2:20pm
– Go home and get ready for birthday party #2
– Birthday party from 3pm (we actually arrived at 4:30 – see how Brazilian I am becoming!)
– Leave party about 7pm
– Pass out at home (especially my daughter who had a double intake of sugar and activities…)
Here is what I love about Saturday birthday parties – unlike the week day parties, during which I am mostly sitting around with babás drinking Guarana and eating mini hot dogs, on Saturday parties there are:
– Other adults to meet and converse with, usually both mother and father attend
– Rarely babás
– Real food
– No stress about trying to get your child up for school the next day because he/she has consumed chocolate and jumped on a trampoline until 9 or 10 pm.
Ok, I will admit that both parties, while located in the country of Brazil, were given by expat families (both with superb birthday party planning skills)… which is exactly why the parties were on a Saturday. But there was no lack of brigadeiro, beer and caipirinhas… the first even had a capoeira lesson for entertainment. So it counts.