According to Fabiana Frayssinet’s report to IPS, Brazilian Women Are the World’s Happiest
The study by the social policies centre of the independent Getulio Vargas Foundation says that on a scale of one to 10, women in Brazil were the happiest women out of a list of 158 countries
Let’s take few facts in figures from this study released on 7 of March a day ahead of, international women’s day on 8 March:
- Brazilian women are 1st in terms of expectations of future life satisfaction, 2rd Denmark, while the least happy women in the world were in Zimbabwe.
- Argentina, 23rd; Costa Rica 24th; Honduras 51st; Uruguay 53rd; and Peru 75th.
- from January 2003 to January 2011, 40 million people were pulled out of poverty and joined the middle class.
- From January 2011 to January 2012, poverty declined by 7.9 % in Brazil
- The gap between average salary of man and woman had…
View original post 116 more words