Ugh. You don’t get to say bureaucracy sucks until you’ve been to Sao Paulo. However, this post also shows the sunnier side as well.
Goal of the Week: Register car. Sound easy? It’s not. The husband’s company refuses to help us (it’s not in our contract!) HR casually provided us two locations, both of which were WRONG. Fail.
- Transportation taken: bus, train, train, train, bus, train, train, bus
- Stopped at two incorrect locations before finally locating DETRAN
- Caught in rainy season downpour with no umbrella
- Became nauseous and felt the need to destroy something
- Was given this to do list (of which I understood four words):
- Printed payment ticket from machine, turned away at Banco do Brasil, 15 minute walk to Santander Bank in the rain, paid taxes upon returning to Banco do Brasil
- Second floor… did not have proper documents… car STILL NOT registered
- Defeated, suppressed tears, walk of shame to the train
- Threw up on metro.* During rush hour. Not. Kidding.
- Developed hate of all things new and difficult
- Arrived home. Rested. …
View original post 253 more words