To satisfy my 366 day challenge to be a bit more Brazilian every day, I watched Jornal Nacional. This evening news program was waaaayyy less ridiculous than Fantastico, in fact, it is a regular news program that included financial, economic and political reporting, even some world news and weather…. no dogs getting beaten with bicycles or retired people rafting. I really wish I had been watching the show before now and I plan on catching the program as often as I can from now on as it will really help me with more useful Portuguese vocabulary – and of course, it’s always nice to know what’s going on in the world outside of Sesame Street and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (and Mulheres Ricas).
search the site
Why Born Again Brazilian?
If all those repentant criminals, addicts and all around sinners can transform themselves into God-fearing Christians, this midwestern babe can become a Brazilian.
For More Advice On São Paulo
Check Out These Popular Posts
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Rich, But Not Pretty – A Short Story
- Corruption, Criticism and Cupcakes, Today’s Paulista Protests
- The Magic of Missing Mailboxes
- Orlando in January – Little Brazil
- The Surgery
- The Creepy Side of Campos do Jordão
- Me Hace Bien
- Journalists bring Brazilian football to a worldwide audience in new eBook
- Five More Great Gifts to Bring from Brazil (Sao Paulo Specifically)