According to Guia Folha, the women of Mulheres Ricas are passing out tips on how to be more Brazilian! Well, maybe not more Brazilian but more… self-consumed, needlessly extravagant Brazilian. Regardless, I’ll take on some of these tips for the cause…
From Brunete Fraccaroli:
- Eat shrimp Provençale in the new La Paillote in Jardins (west side)!
- Have a Thai massage at the Hotel Tivoli (west).
- Take a trip to the Botanical Gardens (south) on a weekday, take a basket of goodies! Stay a bit in nature!
- Go to the movies in the Shopping Cidade Jardim (west side) and watch your favorite movie in first class seats while drinking champagne and eating popcorn with truffle oil! (Ok, I’ve actually seen a movie at this theater, see Segregation Cinema, but I’d be willing to go back, you know, if it’s going to make me more Brazilian…)
- Make a caviar tasting at the Emiliano (west side).
- Take a stroll around rua 25 de Março (center) early on, to buy toys, notebooks, pencils and sweets for day care center you support! (HA. I like how the orphans get the cheap toys. Think she shops for her Barbies on rua 25 de Março? No way.)
- Learn how to dance Samba by going to the rehearsal of the Unidos da Vila Maria Samba Scholl.
- Go to the Pinacoteca (center). They always have a fantastic art display! (We were actually there this past weekend, fabulous exhibition space, definitely worth going – will write more about it in a separate post…)
From Débora Rodrigues:
- Something about a boat and a beach and fishing.
- Comedy theater “Cada Um Com Seus Pobrema“
From Lydia Sayeg:
- Museum of Modern Art, specifically “O Retorno da Coleção Tamagni”
- Jac Leirner exhibit at the Pinacoteca
- A Galeria Bia Doria for Brazilian art
- Classical ballet performance at the Theatro Municipal
- O Museu da Língua Portuguesa, the Portuguese language museum
From Narcisa Tamborindeguy:
Happy hour at the Skye bar at the Hotel Unique (big surprise).
From Val Marchiori:
Some of these suggestions are actually pretty good, and not as ridiculous as one might expect. I’ll be adding a few to my list.